Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Formula X

So I saw this video of one of my nail gurus on YouTube one day and I watched her introduction of Sephora's new nail polish called "Formula X" along with a nail tutorial and I "fell in love" and I wanted to get it so bad.

And I got their mini set called "Twenty Two" which has 22 mini bottles of their polishes for Christmas 2013 from my lovely cousins ^.^ 

I noticed there hasn't been that much reviews for it so I decided to make a short one for you guys! 



In the photo above ^^ I used "Unmistakable" which is the mint one and "Thrilling" which is the tan one. What I can say about this nail polish is that it's really nice. It's not super thick but at the same time it isn't thin either. You don't need like 4 coats just for it to be opaque like other nail polish brands. 2 is enough but if you're like me and you really want it to settle and make sure it doesn't chip off then I would put 3 coats. But the nail polishes do vary. The neon ones in the set are very sheer and you need more than two coats. The colors are just like any regular nail polish while the metallics only need one coat. Another thing I like about it is that it is very smooth and the brush is the perfect size. The bottle is also unique where if you remove the "cover" it reveals a smaller handle which makes it easier to grip due to it's design. 


In the photo it may look like a regular size but it is a mini. Most of the regular sized ones have a white caps instead of black. 

So that's it! Don't forget to head to your nearest Sephora and get yourselves some Formula X nail polish. Oh and before you decide to get a color, make sure to get "The System" which consists of a cleanser, base coat and top coat. I don't have that one since I already have my base and top coats but it comes in handy, especially when using a Formula X nail polish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment